Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Memories

This morning, as I was driving out of my neighborhood, I noticed the beautiful flower landscapes all around me and it took me back to my high school days. I remembered a time (shortly after I got my license) when my friend and I were out cruising on a Saturday morning. I don't actually remember why we driving around, but it was probably about 11:30 am and we decided that, since we were in the neighborhood, we would stop and say, "hi" to my church leader who happened to be out planting flowers in her front yard. We arrived just as she had planted her last flower (lucky for us so we didn't have to help)! The flowers were gorgeous in bright colors and they perfectly lined the side of her driveway. We had a great visit...we were glad we stopped by, she was glad we stopped by, good feelings were flowing all around, etc... That was until I crazily reversed out of her driveway, swerve a little too far to the right, and created a nice HUGE tire track through about a 2 foot section of her newly planted flowers. OOPS!

I probably shouldn't mention the time my friends and I accidentally spilled a tiny bit of red nail polish on the nice bright white floor of my other leader's house.

3 comments:

ashlee said...

Mindy...I don't know who did that with you...but considering my driving skills in high school...actually, it could have been any one of us! That is hilarious...and I am guessing that the nailpolish incident was when we did pedicures and made cookies without flour that one time! Anyways, thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Derrick and Angie said...

That is so funny! You need to write a book of all your funny stories. I would buy it. And your a DR. now so other people would buy it too!
By the way, when do I get to make your friends and family list with my blog???

Jana said...

Minz!!!! What in the crap! I seriously have no idea how I stumbled across your blog but...I did and I couldn't be happier! How are you? Where are you? And why have we lost touch? Um...okay, just noticed that Ang commented on here too. I'm finding all sorts of long lost buddies! Anyway, let me know what is going on when you get a chance. I'm glad I found this blog because now you can never hide from me again! (Man, I sound kind of like a freakish stalker or something.) Hope all is well.

Love,
Jana Dodenbier

p.s. our blog is jjtkbfamily.blogspot.com