Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Funky Chicken

Tonight at the gym I decided to try something a little different! A new class just started at my gym called ZUMBA and from what I've heard it's all the new craze. Everyone had been hyping it up for the last few weeks, so I wanted to see what it was all about. I thought my years of experience perfecting the Funky Chicken were going to come in handy...little did I realize I would need some awesome rib cage popping, hip shaking, Beyonce-like moves (somehow I just wasn't blessed with those moves). I swear everytime I looked down at the weight floor below me (yes, I was standing right next to the window) people were looking at me (probably just in my mind). I hope they had as much fun watching me as I had fun doing it. I think it was worth the hype...I just can't wait to take my roommate who actually knows how to shake-it!!!

9 comments:

Rangi said...

Mindy, I just signed up to publicly follow your blog. That's a big commitment. Don't let me down!

Derrick and Angie said...

MINDS!!
I am so happy to now consider myself a stalker of YOUR blog. I love it! Now I have to get back to trying to lick my elbow...
Ang

Derrick and Angie said...

PS
next time you Zumba make sure there is a video on your post!! :) Do you ever go to TOB anymore?

ashlee said...

I have heard that Zumba is really fun and I would love to try it...too bad I have 4 kids and don't really like to excersize! I wonder if I could still shake it like I used to??

jen said...

I can see it now! I don't know what Zumba looks like but I just picture you doing the running man, am I close! I wish I had the nerve to get up and shake it but I have a lot more that shakes these days!

Cari said...

Awesome! Wish I could be there to shake it with you!

Lisa said...

Mindy, I love the blog, and definitely agree with Angie, this post needs a video (or at the very least PICTURES)!

lori said...

Mindy!
I am so glad you are blogging and zumba-ing and licking your elbows!i hope u are doing great! We need to play!

Sheralyn said...

All right, so the Funky Chicken wasn't helpful, but your Dinosaur had to have put you light years ahead of the others!