Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Secret Sauce

A conversation I overheard between two friends in the locker room at the gym:
*the names have been changed to protect the innocent (actually, truth be told...I don't even know them).

Heba: Oh no!! I forgot my plastic wrap!!

Linda: Your plastic wrap...what is that?

Heba: The thing I wear around my stomach to help me get flatter abs. If I wear it while I work
out, I sweat off the fat around my mid-section.

Linda: You know that doesn't work right?

Heba: But I think it has been working.

Linda: hmmm...well if it makes you feel better.

...overhearing this made me smile on the inside...and on the outside too!

3 comments:

Rangi said...

That is hilarious, and that is why we are kindred spirits because I love overhearing other peoples funny conversations too! I am so sorry about my phone, I am a retarded cel phone owner, I forgot the charger and I knew it was going to die I just hoped it would make it through saturday, apparently it didn't. I kept watching for you at the reception, but I am so sorry about my dumb phone owning self! We will for sure be there the whole week of Thanksgiving so maybe I can catch you before you leave to visit your own family. Sara

ashlee said...

Love that story! I think I might wrap myself in plastic wrap tomorrow...it's worth a try. I am just impressed that you were at the gym to begin with...a place I have long forgotten...hence the plastic wrap idea! Thanks for a good laugh

Natalie Black said...

Mindy you have a blog! I loved the story. So I got an email about powder puff that I'll forward to you. You have to play! See ya soon.